China Attesting Services
We provide China Attesting services (中國委託公證人服務) for attesting and certifying documents emanating from Hong Kong for use in Mainland China.
Our China-Appointed Attesting Officer in Kwan & Chow, Solicitors:
- Alfred C.Y. Chow
What is China Attesting?
China-Appointed Attesting Officers (“Attesting Officers”) are qualified Hong Kong lawyers who have been appointed by the Ministry of Justice of the People’s Republic of China after passing the prescribed qualifying examinations.
Their scope of business includes attesting and certifying acts, matters and documents of legal significance occurring in or emanating from Hong Kong and such attested documents are for use in Mainland China. To be legally valid and protected by the laws of the PRC, attested documents issued by Attesting Officers for use in Mainland China must be sent to the “China Legal Services (H.K.) Limited” for “Sealing and Transfer Delivery”.
What are the types of documents that can be attested ?
Documents attested by Attesting Officers are broadly divided into the following types:
- Witnessing of execution of legal documents;
- Certification of original and duplicate documents and
- Certification of legal facts including company particulars and resolutions of directors and/or shareholders of companies.
What are the examples of instances where China-Appointed Attesting services will be required?
- Appointing a Mainland China solicitor with Power of Attorney;
- Certifying your Hong Kong Identity Card and Home Return Permit for use in Mainland China;
- Declaration of Martial Status that is recognised in Mainland China;
- Declaration for Succession or Forfeiture of the Mainland China Estate of Deceased Person;
- Proof of the Status of Company in Hong Kong;
- Proof of Board Resolution of Company in Hong Kong;
- and many more.
Where can I find the full list of China-Appointed Attesting Officers?
You can find the full list on the website of the Association of China-Appointed Attesting Officers Limited under the heading ‘Member Directory’.
Alternatively, you can also find the list on the website of the Law Society of Hong Kong under the ‘Law List’ section.
Where can I find out more about China-Appointed Attesting?
You can find out more from the website of the Association of China-Appointed Attesting Officers Limited: